Lifestyle Family Photographer in Raleigh, NC
I had a pleasure to meet the most adorable 2 years old twins, Paulina and Diana for their family photo session. When I photograph a new family, as a Lifestyle Family Photographer, I am always wondering their story. It is amazing how many interesting facts you may find about family traditions, favorite dishes, places to travel, or even story of birth.
This family is not ordinary because they became the happy parents of 2 lovely twins.
I’ve asked Alina to share their story and here is what she told to me:
I was really shoсked when I heard the news about 2 babies in my belly. I couldn’t believe that it happened with me! It’s amazing but my husband said that he was ready to such course of events!!!
All our grandparents and other relatives were absolutely excited about this news. I was first in my family who became a mom of twins!
Subconsciously I had a feeling that there will be 2 girls. There were no doubts about the names for our tiny princesses as soon it was confirmed by ultrasound examination. It is hard to find a word that describes how surprised we were in a moment when we saw our girls, because one of them was very similar to me and another – to my husband.
I will be honest with you, our first year with 2 babies were really hard. But it became much easier now. It makes me happy from one day to another )
Now our sweet girls are the real friends. They speak on their own language with each other, play together, always share something tasty and when one is upset, the other is always trying to calm her down.
Raising twins is a big job, but they make us so happy and we thank God for this miracle every day!
Interesting facts about twins:
- Did you know that from about 1915, when the statistical record begins, until 1980, about one in every 50 babies born was a twin. Then, the rate began to increase: by 1995, it was 2.5 percent. The rate surpassed 3 percent in 2001 and hit 3.3 percent in 2010. Now, one out of every 30 babies born is a twin.
- The central African country of Benin has the highest national average of twinning, with a whopping 27.9 twins per 1,000 births
- There are two types of twins – identical (monozygotic) and fraternal (dizygotic). To form identical twins, one fertilized egg (ovum) splits and develops two babies with exactly the same genetic information.
- The average birth weight of full-term twins (37 weeks or later, compared to 39-40 weeks for singletons) is around 5 ½ pounds each, though one baby often weighs more than the other.
- Joey and Erin Maynard of Winston-Salem are parents of the biggest twins to be born in North Carolina and among the heftiest on record anywhere. Sean William and his sister, Abigail Rose, tipped the scale at 23 pounds in June 2008. Sean weighed 10 pounds, 14 ounces, and Abigail weighed 12 pounds, 3 ounces.
Do you know someone who raise twins in their family? Or maybe you are a happy parent? Please share your interesting story!
Are you ready to book your family photo session with Victoria Vasilyeva Photography?
Please fill in a contact form and I will get in touch with you shortly.
I do serve Raleigh, North Carolina and surrounding area (Apex, Cary, Durham, Morrisville, Wake Forest, Holly Springs, Knightdale, Chapel Hill, Greensboro, Garner, Fuquay-Varina). I offer engagement photo session, maternity photo session, kids photo session, family photo session and lifestyle newborn photo session